Fashion Warrior

Did someone say Gerard Butler(?!), cause these Gladiator-inspired sandals are popping up everywhere lately (TFS featured an amazingly daring pair from Balenciaga’s show in 2007), so it was really only a matter of time before they hit the mainstream.

While I’m a bit skeptical of how these will actually look on, I’m definitely starting to warm up to the idea of channeling my inner Grecian-goddess.

If and when I decide to rock these puppies, I’d wear them with an ultra-feminine dress to balance out the shoe's masculine feel. This cute white lace Trina Turk dress or this soft-but-edgy Yoana Baraschi Minidress would be perfect choices.

Are these Gladiator’s a style hit or miss?




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the gladiator look. now just what to wear them with..?

Romany said...

Lol at the Gerard Butler reference! (He's such hottie isn't he? Incidentally, I haven't actually seen 300. Is it good?)
I prefer the shape of black, but the colour of the silver. If only there were a perfect blend..? They're a hit as far as I'm concerned. ;)
Love, love, love that Trina Turk Lace Dress! It's now my mission to go out and by it!
Nice picks. :)
Romany
xx

Deanna said...

romany, i'm glad you agree and think they're a hit! i actually almost bought a pair this weekend. decided to wait for a good sale before splurging though!

and i'm in love with the Trina Turk dress too! :)

Romany said...

I just added you to my favourites by the way. :)
Romany
xx

JerseySjov said...

i wore brown 'gladiator' shoes [almost exactly like the black ones, only with a stiletto heel instead of a wedge] to my prom 4 years ago.
i was so ahead of the curve :p

Deanna said...

jersey, first of all, SO nice to see you here :)

and you were totally way ahead of the curve. well done. xx

Deanna said...

romany - fab, fab, FAB! you're one of my favorites too :)

xo