Best Dressed: Oscar Night

Normally, I’d write an entire fashion review about the red carpet glamour (or lack thereof) at the recent Academy Awards, however this time I feel particularly inclined to highlight only one dress that stood out from the rest -- Marion Cotillard’s stunning fish-scaled gown designed especially for her by fashion legend, John Paul Gaultier.

Marion's dress was hands down my favorite of the night, gleaming with style and elegance like a fresh, sparkling light in a sea of red. This beauty's entire look was absolutely flawless - from the gown, to the hair and makeup, to the gorgeous Chopard diamond necklace and ring and Daniel Swarovski clutch. She succeeded in bringing back the elements of true Hollywood glamour - with side swept wavy hair and classic red lipstick.


However I must also give credit where credit is due - Gaultier’s gown was a true masterpiece, the detailing and elegant lines were simply stunning and executed with utter perfection. I especially loved the rosebud floral arrangements on the top of the dress – a bit of a subtle, kitschy edge to an otherwise refined, ultra-glamorous dress.

So, in other words, I think I have some bargaining to do with the higher powers so I can come back in my next life as Marion Cotillard on Oscar night just so I can wear this dress.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i LOVED her dress too. she looked amazing.

Anonymous said...

i also loved the dress keri russell was wearing.