Best Dressed

I might as well admit it now - I really don't care all that much about awards shows. You know - who wins, who looses, who cries or forgets to thank their mother - all that stuff. But what I absolutely DO look forward to is drooling over the decadent designers and glamours outfits the celebrities are rockin' as they slowly strut and (ahem, shamelessly) pose down the red carpet.

As the writer's strike looms on, I was relieved to finally get my much needed fashion-fix with the recent Screen Actors Guild award show. Seriously. I was starting to go through glamour-withdrawals.
Here are my top Best Dressed chicks of the night:

1. America Ferrera looked svelte and absolutely stunning in this grey Monique Lhuillier gown with jeweled shoulder embellishment. Her hair and makeup finish off this flawless look.

2. Becki Newton (from Ugly Betty) looks amazing in this gorgeous Elsie Katz petaled gown. I had the pleasure of seeing this dress in person at Fashion Week, and trust me, this picture doesn't do it nearly enough justice.

3. I adore Kate Hudson because she always stays true to her unique and easy style. She looks simply beautiful in this bohemian Balmain gown.


4. Marion Cottillard (from La vie en Rose) looked classically timeless in this muted strapless dress from Nina Ricci.


Unfortunately, I have to talk about my least favorite look of the night - Debra Messing. I was so disappointed to see her like this, especially since I love her style and she usually looks uber-elegant. This Oscar de la Renta dress is actually quite stunning on its own, however the way the whole look came together (especially the hair and makeup choices) just didn't cut it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is your take on Angelina's dress?

Romany said...

Marion looked simply sutnning in that Nina Ricci, It's the best red carpet look I've seen in a long time.
:)
Cute blog btw. So with you on the skinny jeans matter - but I'm still too scared to try them on, lol.
xx

Deanna said...

i had mixed feelings about angelina's dress. it was definitely gorgeous - vintage hermes doesn't get much better, but it didn't "wow me as much as the others. i was crazy about the colors, but the cut of the dress was a bit tent-ish for me.

Deanna said...

i loved marion's whole look too romany!

and thanks for the kudos on the blog...glad you like it.

as far as the skinny jeans go - yeah, i know it's a hard pill to swallow. but try them on once (in the comfort of a private dressing room) and see how you feel. you might be surprised! :)

Jamie Lovely said...

America's dress was stunning. I loved it!

Romany said...

You're very welcome. :)
Right now, I'm looking for the perfect pair of baby blue skinny jeans - they're everywhere! Hopefully they'll suit, but if not all the more reason to go to the gym more, lol!
xx

Maxie said...

I have to agree with you on Debra Messing- I saw on aol they put her as best dressed...she is a gorgeous woman, but this look did NOTHING for her.

Burberry Cashmere Scarf said...

Its really a very good fashion store...