Champagne and Handbags

I was invited to a champagne social for the preview collection of one of my favorite handbag designers’ at American Rag Cie recently, and I’m officially even more in love with her collection than I originally thought.

The Jack Rabbit Collection of handbags (AND amazing belts!!…more on this later), just gets better and better. Mollie and her team of designers hosted a preview of their fall collection during L.A. Fashion Week at the hip and uber-trendy store on La Brea. The fashionable guests mingled, giggled and sipped bubbly champagne as they pursued the gorgeous collection and shopped the vintage racks of AR.

I have previously written (and raved) about a handbag donned by Lucy Liu on Cashmere Mafia that was a favorite of mine from JRC. While that little number is definitely still in my top 5, I must admit another JRC bag has stolen my heart. The moment I laid eyes on the Provocateur (the decadent over sized clutch pictured at right), I was a goner. Plus, it comes in three fab-flavors: foxy, seventies and sexy(!) The bag looks even more luxurious in person – handmade with Italian hand washed lux-soft leather with vintage swivel closure - it also fits nicely under my arm and can hold the zillion things I schlep around all day. I also love that it’s such a statement piece and adds instant glamour and drama to any outfit. **INSIDER SCOOP: before this FABulous bag was even released it was snatched up by Ayness Deyn (the punky brit-it model) and shot backstage at Zac Posen.

I was also pleasantly surprised to find out JRC also creates some of the hippest belts I’ve seen in awhile. A classic staple for any wardrobe is the thick cinch belts worn high up on the waist. These belts are the best quality and a worthwhile investment for any fashionista as they can be thrown on with almost any outfit. I personally love to wear one to cinch up my shift dresses for an instant new look (and they make my waist look tiny! – can’t hurt, right?)
Be sure to check out JRC’s new items – must-haves for Fall and tell me what you think of the collection!! xo

*The Provocateur retails for around $418. For more information visit
www.thejackrabbitcollection.com or email sales@thejackrabbitcollection.com

Check out the JRC blog:
Secret tales behind the scenes - the jack rabbit blog - foxy insanity updated almost daily.
http://thejackrabbitcollection.com/blog/

5 comments:

Romany said...

Ahh you're always finding these cute brands that I've previously never heard of which turns into a 'I can't believe I never knew about this before' moment.
Great work, as usual. :)
Romany
xx
p.s. I may have already asked this but, do you work in the fashion industry? You seem to be invited to lots of fashion related events (i"m so jealous, lol) so I was just wondering maybe it's part of your job...?

Deanna said...

aw thanks romany! i love finding new designers and brands cause i really enjoy having unique things (and letting my readers know about them!)

p.s. and to answer your question, i have another full time job that i actually get paid for that isn't in the fashion industry. for now i just write about my LOVE for fashion...! :)

xo.

Anonymous said...

i love that clutch! haute hot. good pick.

Anonymous said...

that bag is amazing! how unique. love it

Deanna said...

update: i'm happy to let everyone know i soon will be the proud (and fashionable) owner of the provocoteur handbag featured on this post in plum.

Pics to come!! i can't wait xo