RAVE OF THE DAY: Branché

As a self-admitted jewelry-junkie, I’m completely addicted to the fabulous collection Branché (which means trendy in French – but of course!) by Parlene Puig. Her gorgeous Parisian-inspired designs are guarenteed to make you say “Ooh la la!”

Parlene started her business about 3 years ago, after (as many fashion obsessed gals encounter) she was frustrated at being unable to find the exact style of necklaces she was looking for. The result was tapping into her then unknown, yet uber-talented craft of creating beautiful handmade jewelry – from necklaces to bracelets and earrings…she’s got it all! A woman after my own heart, Parlene only uses the best semi-precious stones mined in Italy, Africa, Russia, Canada and Brazil.

I sat down with this talented designer recently for a little Q&A:

Q: TFS - What inspires you to design these amazing pieces?

A: Parlene - While visiting Europe – from Paris and Italy to Austria and Switzerland, I noticed the difference in styles and fashions from that of the US. I’m inspired by European style and haute couture…after I visit a country, I take a little piece of each with me and create something new, combining my personal style with a little European flair.

Q: TFS - What are two of your favorite pieces?

A: Parlene - One of my favorite pieces is the Tiger Eye necklace, a rich piece that looks so beautiful on the neckline. I also love working with turquoise because it’s a truly timeless stone.

Q: TFS - In a jewelry-saturated market, what makes your line stand out?

A: Parlene - Most of my jewelry is one-of-a-kind, which you don’t find too often anymore. I also take custom orders, and can create special pieces to match perfectly with any outfit.

I simply adore the way Parlene mixes the colors and textures of the stones, making for truly elegant and unique looks that will spice up any wardrobe. My favorite way to wear her pieces are with understated, simple, and mostly monotone clothing - which truly lets the brilliance of her jewelry stand out.


All of her items are also extremely reasonable in price – every fashion-fiend has gotta love that!

Check out her website at
www.parlene.etsy.com

** FASHION ALERT: Be one of the first 10 people to order from her site and you’ll receive the matching earrings for FREE…it can’t get much better
.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I looked my self at Parlene's collection and was impressed.
For myself proved to be two orginal gifts for my close relitives, who are quite pickie about what they wear.
Thanks Parlene, for making me look good as well.
Sincerely, Mr. Snedden

DeeLight said...

I've worn Parlene's necklaces for a couple of years and I always receive complements every time I have one on. The quality for the price is amazing. When I travel I bring a couple of her necklaces with me to bring an ensemble together. I also enjoy giving them as gifts.

Anonymous said...

her jewelry is so beautiful! perfect for christmas shopping...

thanks fashion source!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

beautiful jewelry! the turquoise is my favorite by far. i'm passing this on to my friends.